Metro Illinois Industrial Areas Foundation (IAF) will offer a 1-day version of its acclaimed national leadership training. This training will provide an overview of key concepts and critical components essential to building strong community groups and connecting those groups into a broad based organization necessary to create power. Special emphasis will be placed on the identification of leaders and the creation of local allies necessary to effect change at both the local community and state levels.
Topics to be covered include:
- Creating a Culture of Organizing
- Mapping the External World ... the why, what and how of doing a power analysis
- Bureaucratic/Maintenance Organizations vs. Broad Based Relational Organizing
- How to Initiate Action(s) Relationally
- What kind of leaders will it take?
- Identifying the talent, making the offer
Lunch will be provided. Translation available upon request. DU/FRVI/IEA Member cost: $20. Non-member cost: $50. Please make payment when you arrive at the event.